So, you’re ready for a new roof, but aren’t exactly sure about the essentials involved with a roof replacement project. You want to be absolutely sure that everything goes according to plan. Simply hiring the right contractor for the job can save you time, money and headaches, and knowing as much as possible about your new roof can give you valuable peace of mind. Do your homework, then call an expert with questions! For now, here are a few things to consider before scheduling a date for roofing services in Central Florida:
- The age of your roof: As a homeowner or commercial building owner, you are likely well aware of just how expensive installing a new roof can be. Because of this huge cost, timing has a lot to do with whether you leave on the old roof or install a new one. You want to get the most out of the old roof without compromising indoor comfort and safety or racking up hefty repair bills. Keep your roof’s age in mind, and know that 20 years is the typical lifespan of most roofing materials.
- The architectural style of your home: Why is this important? Well, you probably want a replacement roof that matches the rest of your home’s design elements, not one that looks completely out of place. Another thing to be sure of is that you choose roofing materials that match the architectural style of your home. Tile roofing looks lovely on Mediterranean or Spanish style homes, while slate looks marvelous paired with traditional homes, like those in the Victorian style.
- The climate in the area where you live: It’s important that you are aware of your area’s climate—the weather patterns and environment can affect your new roofs longevity and performance. Know this and choose a roof that can effectively handle the climate in your area.
- Your options of materials: Even though a professional roofing contractor can walk you through your material choices (you are not limited to the same materials as your old roof), it’s a good plan to do a little bit of research on your own. Learn the basics about the advantages of different roofing materials and focus on the ones that line up with your budget and specific needs. Whatever you choose, make sure the materials come from a trusted manufacturer/distributor to better ensure lasting protection and performance for your home.
- Who you choose to hire: Never hire a roofing contractor who is not licensed, bonded and insured or who has too many negative business reviews. If you want to support your community, look for a local contractor with a stellar reputation and who does business with confidence and integrity. Once you have a few potential contractors, take the time to check their credentials with the county and the BBB.
For the most reliable roofing services in Central Florida, look no further than the team at Winter Springs Roofing & Repair. We can inspect your roof and let you know whether repairs are best or if you need a complete roof replacement. Call us today for more information!