One of the most significant problems you may face when looking to repair or replace your roof is finding the best contractor for the job. If you’ve just experienced an intense storm, you likely want to get back to normal as soon as possible—and that means finding a roofing contractor in Florida to repair your roof. Here are some tips on finding the right firm that will get the job done right:
- Safety: You want to find a contractor who has an excellent training and safety program. Ask about what kind of credentials the firm has in terms of safety and stick with contractors that have a sterling reputation.
- Look at Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings: Once a storm hits, contractors will be coming in from across the region or even other parts of the country looking for work. To see how reputable they truly are, check out their certification through the BBB.
- Explore warranty options: The unfortunate reality is that some problems with a roof may not show up until months or even years after installation. Therefore, you want to see what kind of warranty options are available to ensure you’re protected.
- Local referrals: The best choice is to go with a contractor who’s well known in the community. Ask around to friends and family to see who they’ve chosen in the past.
- Check manufacturer designations: These are considered a gold standard, as only a small percentage of contractors are certified by manufacturers.
- Pick your materials: You want a contractor who offers a variety of roofing material options and find one suited to your tastes. Any contractor worth the money will be able to give you choices.
- Handle your insurance claim on your own: Contractors should not advertise themselves as claim specialists or otherwise being involved in insurance. They’re there to fix your roof—not file a claim.
- Beware of pressure: Any contractor who wants you to sign on the dotted line right away is a poor choice. Don’t fork over your hard-earned money to just anyone who comes knocking.
- Look for licensure and insurance: This is crucial, as you don’t want to end up on the hook for any problems later on.
- Pay the insurance deductible: Note that any contractor who says they can handle the repair without having the homeowner pay a deductible is committing insurance fraud. Steer clear of these scams.
If you’re choosing a roofing contractor in Florida, check out a company with nearly four decades of experience. Winter Springs Roofing & Repair has provided our customers with quality roofing and chimney services since 1983. We have an unparalleled reputation because our staff possesses the years of experience and know-how to get every kind of job done right.
Our services include tile roof repairs, tile restoration, chimney repair, skylight repairs, re-roofing jobs, roof repairs, carpentry, low-sloped roof services and commercial maintenance and restoration. We are BBB accredited and backed by a deep history of customer satisfaction. Call us right now to learn more about how we can get you a great deal on a new roof!