From strong winds to heavy rains, harsh weather has a knack for causing all sorts of damage to residential roofs. You should work with a professional roofing contractor to extend the life of your roof. Below are five reasons why it’s important to get a roof inspection and seek roofing services in Central Florida after a major storm:
- Identify unseen damage: You might be able to see large issues after a storm, yet overlook small or invisible problems. This is the problem with looking up at your roof from the ground instead of getting a clearer, more close-up look. But not all storm damage is visible. In fact, it’s not unusual for homeowners to miss a high percentage of serious damage left behind after natural weather events roll through. You’ll need to get up on a ladder and climb up on your roof and look in your attic. If you don’t know what it is you are looking for, consider scheduling a professional roof inspection.
- Find smaller issues: Let’s say you take a walk around your property after a big storm and see pieces of shingles or other roofing materials mixed in with tree debris. No matter the size of the shingle debris, don’t ignore the fact that your roof may have sustained damage during the storm. Storms are known to create a lot of smaller issues that can seem to be hidden from homeowners. Since smaller damage can worsen in time, be sure to call on the pros to inspect and service your roofing system. They are trained to see what you can’t!
- Locate water damage: Anyone can learn how to identify basic water damage to their home, both inside and outside, but do you actually know what to look for? While performing a casual inspection of your roof is a good step, you should seriously consider bringing in an expert who is trained and certified to detect all levels of water damage. The sooner the damage is identified and taken care of, the better you’ll be able to rest.
- Save money: Sure, not scheduling a professional roof inspection soon after a big storm saves you money now; however, skipping this important maintenance can mean paying out more money for repairs and replacements down the road. This pertains to large visible damage, invisible damage and seemingly small issues that present after major storms. If you want a healthy and long-lasting roof, get regular roof inspections, take action quickly and practice preventative maintenance regularly.
- Easy insurance claims process: If your home is damaged during a crazy storm, one of the first things that will pop into your head is the need to report it to your insurance company. Keep in mind that having a professional roofing inspection performed after a storm can make handling an insurance claim much simpler, but be sure to call in an inspector soon so you can submit your claim in a timely manner.
Here at Winter Springs Roofing & Repair, we provide a number of roofing services in Central Florida to our customers. Call us today for more information!