While many people assume that pitched roofs are the only available option for most homes and small commercial buildings, there are actually a number of benefits associated with flat roofing. Learning about the benefits of installing flat roofing on your home or business will allow you to make an informed decision and choose the right type of roofing for you and your lifestyle.
Pitched roofs (or traditional roofs) have two relatively steep slopes that meet a peak, usually in the middle of the building. Flat roofs, however, are only slightly pitched to one direction, which facilitates the flow of rainwater.
Working with a roofing contractor in Central Florida is the best way to ascertain which roofing type is right for you. Every home and business has a unique set of needs and circumstances that need to be considered when choosing the best possible roofing type. With that said, there are still a number of benefits that come along with flat roofing, including the following:
- Easy access: One of the most significant benefits of flat roofs is that they’re easy to access and maneuver around upon compared to pitched roofs. You don’t have to worry about slipping and falling while performing maintenance or working on a flat roof, since the slope of the roof itself is gentle and easy to navigate.
- Creation of extra space: Flat roofs are especially valuable in densely populated areas, like Central Florida. Flat roofs can be used for a variety of purposes, including as storage centers for HVAC equipment, rain barrels and more. There’s no shortage of important household gear that you can store on a flat roof.
- Potential deck area: The right roofing contractor in Central Florida may even be able to provide you with potential deck options. There are few things more exciting than being able to cook out or garden up on top of your home. Be sure to ask about the potential for having your roof double as a deck space when talking with your contractor.
- Inexpensive installation: Compared with pitched roofs, flat roofs are relatively inexpensive to install. This is because they require fewer materials and are easier to both design and navigate. While pitched roofs make sense in areas with heavy snowfall, more moderate climates suit flat roofing well.
- Easy maintenance: Flat roofs require much less maintenance than pitched roofs, and are generally much easier to care for. Be sure to ask about the maintenance requirements for your flat roof when working with a roofing contractor in Central Florida to learn more.
Since 1983, Winter Springs Roofing & Repair has been a premier roofing contractor in Central Florida. We’re proud to provide metro Orlando and the surrounding region with high-quality roofing solutions, including flat roofs. If you’re considering which type of roof is best suited for your home or business, reach out to one of our friendly, highly qualified representatives today. We’d be happy to help you pick out a roof solution that keeps you safe, dry and satisfied. Contact us today to learn more.