It’s a well-known fact that flat roofs are a cost-effective alternative to pitched roofs. They’re also extremely practical, because they can be used as a storage space, and are generally much easier to maintain than pitched roofs.
While flat roofs may indeed be easier to maintain than pitched roofs, that doesn’t mean that they’re maintenance free. In fact, you’ll still need to exercise plenty of diligence when caring for your flat roof. Because they’re not as effective at dispelling water compared to pitched roofs, they may become more susceptible to leaks. Working with a company that specializes in waterproofing in Central Florida can help you keep the water at bay, and help you ensure that your home or business stays in tip-top shape.
There are a number of maintenance items that you should perform on your flat roof with some regularity. Always be sure to ask your roofing contractor about other maintenance or repair practices that you may benefit from. Here are just a few things to consider:
- Regular inspections: The best way to ensure that you’re staying on top of your necessary maintenance is by investing in regular inspections for your roofing. During an inspection, a qualified roofing contractor will examine the roof for any areas of distress that may need special attention in the coming months. Try to schedule at least two inspections each year.
- Protective paints: Another way that you can safeguard your flat roof is by investing in protective paints and seals. Depending on the material your roof is made from, there may be several different options available. Be sure to talk with your roofing contractor about the best types of paints and seals for waterproofing in Central Florida.
- Repair blisters: Asphalt roll roofing is susceptible to blistering. Blisters are caused by small amounts of moisture that become trapped under the asphalt. Over time, these blisters may burst, causing a break in the roofing seal. You’ll have to have a contractor cut the blister, dry it and then reseal that specific area of your flat roof.
- Fix leaks: If you catch them early enough, small leaks don’t have to be catastrophic. Working with a qualified roofing contractor, you can ensure that small roofing leaks are repaired before they spread and become a more serious issue. The roofing contractor will help you with waterproofing in Central Florida following the repair.
- Consider resurfacing: On older flat roofs, you may want to consider resurfacing. Preemptively resurfacing your flat roof, before damage has occurred, is the best way to maximize your home improvement budget and avoid potential disasters caused by leakage or other damage.
For more than three decades, Winter Springs Roofing & Repair has been a premier provider of waterproofing in Central Florida. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality roofing solutions, including for flat roofs. Our teams are committed to providing each and every one of our clients with premium services at an excellent value. To learn more, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.