If there’s one thing we’ve learned after all of our years in business, it’s that today’s roofs are built to last. As long as your roof is inspected and maintained, it can last 20 years or longer without needing to be replaced. This post will cover everything you need to know about roof inspections in Central Florida:
- Bi-annual inspections: Mark your calendars to have your roof inspected by a professional two times a year. It’s best to have it checked in the spring, right before temperatures get scorching hot, and then again in the fall after hurricane season rolls through. Your spring checkup will determine whether or not your roof needs any quick fixes to ensure you make it through hurricane season, while the fall inspection can address any post-storm damage.
- After a hailstorm:Your roof can withstand a lot from Mother Nature, but hail is one of its toughest opponents! Even the smallest bits of hail can damage shingles and lead to serious issues down the road, so it’s a good idea to call us to check out your roof after a hailstorm rolls through town.
- DIY checkups:You don’t always need a professional to inspect your roof. It’s not a bad idea to get up on the roof and check it out for yourself every once in a while. You might not be able to spot minor damage that we can, but you can at least tell when shingles are missing or if there’s a potential leak.
Benefits of inspections
We wouldn’t recommend inspecting a roof in Central Florida if it didn’t have a lot of upsides! Here are a few of the reasons you should check your roof yourself and have it inspected professionally twice a year:
- Avoid costly damage: The leaks mentioned above are just one of the concerns that come with a damaged roof. A quick checkup will let you know if there’s anything that needs to be addressed before the situation gets out of hand. For example, if you notice that there’s a shingle missing, you can have it replaced before the roof deck gets wet and starts rotting. Again, you don’t even need to pay professionals to check your roof—it’s something you can do on your own!
- Prevent expensive replacement:The one thing you will need to pay a professional for is to replace your whole roof if you’re not careful. Though adding a new roof does have long-term benefits, it’s not exactly something you want to shell out money for if you don’t have to. New roofs can cost thousands of dollars, but an inspection only costs a few hundred at most.
Whether you need roof inspections in Central Florida or your roof needs to be replaced, we’re the team for the job! At Winter Springs Roofing & Repair, we have over 30 years of experience working on roofs of all shapes, sizes and materials, so you can rest easy knowing that your roof is in good hands with our pros.